Welcome to my blog, where I take pleasure in words and pictures, be they my own or those of others. I'm a creative individual, and the crafty side I explore on my 'other blog', Picking Up The Threads, which I hope you'll visit too. I'm sure you understand that I have sole copyright of my original work and any of my contributions, so please ask if you want to use them. A polite request is rarely refused. So, as they used to say on the BBC's 'Listen With Mother' radio programme, many years ago: "Are you sitting comfortably? Then we'll begin."

Wednesday 11 March 2015

Puppy Love

This is my puppy, Kim, bought for me when was eleven.  He is the only dog I have ever owned and of course I loved him. He was a Miniature Apricot Poodle and he lived for fourteen years.

Because he was around so long there are many photographs of him and has often appeared in my sepia posts, such as 'A Bag of Bones’.

One of my best ever posts was ‘To Say Nothing of the Dog’ in which and other family dogs appeared. I don’t think I can top that one as far as the dogs are concerned; however, this week’s Sepia Saturday picture prompt is a dog, being held in the arms and being hugged. In 'Window of Opportunity’ you can see Kim in just such a pose, where he is being held in my Dad’s arms.




For a picture that fits the bill, and which has never appeared before here to my knowledge, here’s two for the price of one. This is my future sister-in-law (though we didn’t know it then), with her dachshund, Heidi, and of course that’s me, and Kim, a few years past puppyhood, but with many years left in him.


Head over to Sepia Saturday 270 for more pictures of huggable dogs and possibly huggable stewardesses; we never know what the prompt will suggest to fellow Sepians but it’s guaranteed to have lots of old pictures and perhaps some shaggy dog stories too.

15 comments:

  1. Kim definitely appears to be a huggable, loveable little dog - although I bet he had his 'moments' now & again as we all do - and how fortunate you had him for so long. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, I only new Kim when he was an old dog. I can certainly see the appeal he held as a puppy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Puppies are always cute, just a shame they have to grow and become less so. One of our sons is called Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's nothing like a good dog cuddle to pick up your spirits. We have only two cats at the moment but the minute we stop traveling, a dog will join the family. Nice photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet dog! I've never had a dog, only cats. He looks very adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet looking dog, and I'm sure you and he shared a lot of loving moments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dachshunds and Poodles have pretty faces. It was fun revisiting your previous posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder if there are any Sepians who have never had a pet. So far, so good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see the attraction of cuddling Kim, My daughter's dogs are so big they cuddle you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought I had a photo of my son cuddling a dog but it turned out to be a teddy bear. Your photos fit the bill.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Of course a dog post ranks highest on my list (and I went for part two of ghosts!) yikes that's just wrong, I know. Your pups are all sweet, but best of all is the photo of you and your future sister in law! Very hip!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your little Kim is adorable. I don't know poodle personalities but he looks content in your arms.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A perfect choice. I can date many family photos by which dog is featured.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kim looks sweet natured & loved.Poodles are generally friendly,tho (is it my imagination?) I dont see as many as i used to.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.