Welcome to my blog, where I take pleasure in words and pictures, be they my own or those of others. I'm a creative individual, and the crafty side I explore on my 'other blog', Picking Up The Threads, which I hope you'll visit too. I'm sure you understand that I have sole copyright of my original work and any of my contributions, so please ask if you want to use them. A polite request is rarely refused. So, as they used to say on the BBC's 'Listen With Mother' radio programme, many years ago: "Are you sitting comfortably? Then we'll begin."

Sunday 10 February 2013

The Entanglement





Suddenly, impulsively, he turned,
Enfolded her, possessed her.

Planted his lips on hers,
Claimed her, bewitched her.

Quickly, passionately, she yielded,
Absorbed him, immersed him.

Opened her mouth to surrender,
Drank him, drained him.

Protectively, thoughtfully, his arm,
Cushioned her, rested her.

Possessively, greedily, her hands,
Clasped him, imprisoned him.

©Marilyn Brindley

This is a response to an image posted by Tess Kincaid at The Mag. 
The image is courtesy of Joseph Lorusso

25 comments:

  1. The pace here heightens the passion...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my- I think she completely made him disappear! Hehehehe! She, so utterly consumed by love (and web making, ha ha!) and being the hungry and greedy hairy-lass she is, she just couldn't help herself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect capture of the essence of this moment

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what kind of tea they serve here, but I'd like a cup please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect beautiful moment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like drank him and drained him.

    you like me, stuck on the passion, and not on the cup that was going to fall and smash.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much on the edge here, Nell!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comes in staccato bursts, it overwhelms! Whew! Nicely Little Nell!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa...get a room! Ha! Fun and sexy
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect words and rhythm.
    Although, personally, I think he is looking for a half slice of toast he dropped down the back of the seat. Call me a romantic, if you will. But you probably won't.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've given such passion to this scene!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whew! You sure did describe that passion well. Wonderful! It is fun for me to read the different takes that you, Karen S. and Helen have on these prompts.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of passion in the rhythm of this poem.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow- fast paced and so passionate!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't wait till later...when they're alone? Whew...

    ReplyDelete
  16. she imprisoned him...not good, bad for a future relationship. YIKES!!! where is this heading next? only the author knows the sequel.


    Initiated Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really liked this devouring aspect, Nell . Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's enough to put you off your cake! Delightful poem.

    ReplyDelete
  19. PHEW! [*sits down & mops his brow*}

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooooh! I love the sound of this raw passion. Pity one can't venture back in time....*sigh*....lol

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.