Welcome to my blog, where I take pleasure in words and pictures, be they my own or those of others. I'm a creative individual, and the crafty side I explore on my 'other blog', Picking Up The Threads, which I hope you'll visit too. I'm sure you understand that I have sole copyright of my original work and any of my contributions, so please ask if you want to use them. A polite request is rarely refused. So, as they used to say on the BBC's 'Listen With Mother' radio programme, many years ago: "Are you sitting comfortably? Then we'll begin."

Sunday 4 March 2012

Professional Help


Photo by Sarolta Bán


"Look into my eyes," she said,
and her face peered down at him.
"I've come for help!" he cried,
as he slipped into a trance.
"No more negative thoughts," she purred,
Her voice; soft, mellifluous, persuasive.
His conscious mind blurring at the edges
His subconscious coming into sharp focus.
The session was over before he knew it,
"Is that all there is to it?" he asked.
"Next time could you remove your hat?
It's just a suggestion," she smiled. 

© Marilyn Brindley

Taking part in Mag 107, with Tess, at Willow Manor. See how others have interpreted the photograph




25 comments:

  1. Well, my focus was sharp! :D

    I really liked it.

    obscured

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, what was he thinking, keeping his hat on in Her presence??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes they do better with the hat on! lol

    A lovely write.....and a nice twist at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mimi has that right! But I rarely sleep in mine...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has got me thinking in film noir mode, for some reason. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done. You have chosen the right words to express the picture and have for sure painted with words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. or maybe wear some tin foil so the mind control is blocked...ha....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent! I've learnt a new word - 'mellifluous' I shall try and slip that in somewhere soon! I'm very impressed with your poetry.

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the funny, unexpected ending. Also, liked Brian's comment about the tinfoil hat, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The words in your poem flow as rhythmically as thought waves. I hope her suggestions are helpful. Thanks for sharing this, Little Nell.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hilarious Little Nell,
    Sometimes it's a bother, it can be intimidating. Great write!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good piece!

    Wander

    http://wanderwithoutbeinglost.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent! Mellifluous is new to me too!

    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lot of fun! k.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love to see a gal in control..funny, apt!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like this - very succinct.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like this! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mellifluous words, indeed... :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This was really fun...and smart..loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Talk about being in control...and very funny too. Enjoyed this a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the little surprise at the end...

    ReplyDelete
  22. haha, she is only looking for manners, and to get past that brim:)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.