Welcome to my blog, where I take pleasure in words and pictures, be they my own or those of others. I'm a creative individual, and the crafty side I explore on my 'other blog', Picking Up The Threads, which I hope you'll visit too. I'm sure you understand that I have sole copyright of my original work and any of my contributions, so please ask if you want to use them. A polite request is rarely refused. So, as they used to say on the BBC's 'Listen With Mother' radio programme, many years ago: "Are you sitting comfortably? Then we'll begin."

Tuesday 13 March 2012

Life’s a Beach

Carmi at Written  Inc has given us ‘Watery’ for this week’s Thematic Photographic challenge. Living on an island, with water never too far away, this is going to be one of the easier assignments. The biggest problem is limiting the choice. I decided to narrow the field down to actual coastal shots, taken from walks around lovely Lanzarote. Please click on the individul shot to enlarge.
Playa Quemada
Playa La Casa
Above La Casa - yes, that is a cactus!
The island of La Graciosa from Mirador Del Rio
The green lake at El Golfo. Raquel Welch swam here in ‘One Million Years BC'
Above El Golfo
The watery view from my balcony when the sunset turned the sky and sea copper



18 comments:

  1. These are beautiful pictures!

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are tremendous! You are so lucky to have such stunning views pretty much every place you travel there. It feels like a vacation for me just to sit back and study your photos. I do like the cactus very much too.....Thanks for your wide selection of watery views!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks - I can still smell and feel Lanzarote, 22 years on, when I look at these beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A former colleague moved to Lanzarote, a few years ago. I'm beginning to see why.

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing pics! what is the yellow?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures, I just want to hop into that boat and hit the water. The green lake is amazing, what makes it that color?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s something to do with the algae which live in there I believe.

      Delete
  7. I like how you framed the boat with the trees. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so envious - what a place to live! beautiful watery pics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These beautiful shots brought back memories of holidays in Lanzarote. I have a picture of El Golfo somewhere if I could only find it. It was the'umearthly' landscapes that stick in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous photographs and ... sunshine!!!!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are just beautiful, Little Nell! What a magnificent place to live. We are going on a cruise in May to the Canary islands, but not, alas, Lanzarote! I'll wave if we pass by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sure Raquel was still there when John took us to El Golfo on Saturday. Your photos brought back loads of very good and very recent memories.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I went to your post on Cobh - I agree with all you say! It is a lovely place, and the exhibition about emigrating to the New World was amazing. (And the seasick scenes very realistic!!) I especially loved the differently coloured houses.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super pics. What makes the green lake so green, I wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning+beautiful shots.I especially like The Green Lake.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.