Welcome to my blog, where I take pleasure in words and pictures, be they my own or those of others. I'm a creative individual, and the crafty side I explore on my 'other blog', Picking Up The Threads, which I hope you'll visit too. I'm sure you understand that I have sole copyright of my original work and any of my contributions, so please ask if you want to use them. A polite request is rarely refused. So, as they used to say on the BBC's 'Listen With Mother' radio programme, many years ago: "Are you sitting comfortably? Then we'll begin."

Saturday 23 April 2011

Easter Expectations

In 1983 when this photograph was taken, we were stationed with the RAF in Germany. The shops were full of Easter displays, with chocolate and marzipan eggs and bunny figures. I'm not sure what the objects at the bottom of the picture were but they appear to be moulds of some sort; perhaps for chocolate or biscuits. Our children would be aged nearly four, and five and a half. They must have almost had their noses pressed to the glass in anticipation of what was to come. This is my contribution to the Sepia Saturday blog. It's the oldest Easter reference I can find in my picture collection but it fits the bill as far as this week's theme.

I also found this picture from 1981. The bunnies in this case being 'Pink Bunny' and 'Blue Bunny', which I made for each child when they were born. My son still has Blue Bunny and now my grandchildren play with him - just goes to show how well-made it was. Sadly my daughter lost Pink Bunny a couple of years ago in a house fire, but at least we have the pictures to remind us.

8 comments:

  1. Germany really has the most wonderful Easter creations - and with great quality chocolate too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do look like molds for candy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a cute window display. I love the bunnies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What elegant Easter treats! Almost too pretty to eat...but...they are chocolate, after all. Those intricate molds may be for gingerbread. Pretty Easter post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, hold me back. I want to devour all of it! Really fun photo with such a lovely display of sweet morsels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so sad about "Pink Bunny". May she rest in peace.
    Very cute pictures.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I'm not sure what the objects at the bottom of the picture were but they appear to be moulds of some sort”…No; they’re your children!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Izzard! Only a son would comment thus. I don’t suppose you remember this moment and your look of longing?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.